FIRST EXCELLENCE AWARDS
NORWAY AKER VISIT
KUALA LUMPUR TRAINING CENTER VISIT
GALLERY: The Transocean Honor Naming Ceremony
GALLERY: Galveston Beach Cleanup
GALLERY: Komen Houston Pink Pancake Party
GALLERY: Backpack donation event
MEASURING OUR SUCCESS
Attending the Best Places to Work ceremony were (left to right): Beatriz Paula, HR Supervisor; Guilherme Coelho, Managing Director, South America Division; Ana Carotti, Compensation and Benefits Manager; and Rose Azevedo, Senior HR Administrator.
Transocean’s South America Division has been named one of the 150 best places to work in Brazil by the business climate survey – Melhores Empresas do Brasil para Você Trabalhar.
“Being one of the best companies to work for is more than just a title. It is proof that by maintaining our People Focus, we are on track to turning our Vision and its Strategic Imperative – ‘Developing and retaining the most skilled, capable and engaged workforce in the market’ – into a reality in the South America Division,” said Guilherme Coelho, SAM Managing Director, congratulating and thanking all those who contributed to this great achievement.
The annual survey is conducted by the magazines Você/SA – Exame and ranks companies that have excelled in people management. Topics evaluated range from employee benefits to career development programs. The employees’ opinions, obtained through questionnaires, produced the component given the most weight in the ranking, representing 70% of the company’s overall performance score. The other 30% comes from the questionnaire sent to the company and the completion of Caderno de Evidências - the “Book” (20%), and a visit by a journalist from Você S/A (10%) to the company’s offices, to see its HR practices first hand and interview randomly selected employees of Transocean.
The magazines define the best companies to work for as those that implement increasingly sophisticated management practices investing in the careers and development of their employees and at the same time, preserving quality and high levels of satisfaction in the workplace.